Vision: We see Christian Communities in Nepal flourishing by the service of well-trained leaders in church music. AS they bring the advanced service in Church music. With their service, the children, youth, and adults in Christian communities will be edified and guided well to live as sincere people of God by demonstrating the glory of God to the world.
Mission: The mission of RPS is to provide Christ-Centered training to equip godly leaders for Christ’s church in Nepal, who are authentic in Christian character, competent in theological knowledge, and equipped for ministry.
Objectives: The role of music is to serve the large purpose of worship. In the context of church, music is a means to an end. Music is a valuable tool, a flexible vehicle and a precious resource to enable people to worship God.
The MA program of of RPS aims to equip theologically trained leaders by providing essential church music theories and practical skills. After the graduation, graduates will be able to contribute authentically and biblically to worship and to glorify God among Nepal churches.
ADMISSIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
B. Th. /BA Equivalent or Mature Candidates with 5-7 years of ministry experience.
MA course offers:-
- Worship Music: – This course provides a framework for thinking together about vital and faithful Christian worship by exploring the biblical and theological foundations of worship, reviewing the ways the church is praise has been shaped over the centuries and analyzing today’s worship spectrum. Key’s elements in the practice leadership of worship will be explored including the ordering of worship the role of prayer and music and models of collaborative worship.
- Theology of Church Music: – This course provides how and why church music uniquely preserves the theological heritage of the church musicians thus deserve recognition for their role in theological work. Understanding and applying musical theology deepens worshipers experience of God and better prepares them to shape God’s word in the world.
- Literature of Church Music Choir: – The goal of this course is to provide for students a survey of practical considerations for working with choral ensembles, with emphasis on audition procedures, seating arrangements, score preparation, rehearsal and study Gregorian chant to the present church music choral.
- Conducting: – The goal of the conducting course is to teach you all the skills you need to serve as music director in your word or branch and to teach other how to conduct. Even though you may not feel confident with your new skills the church needs you to help others learn teaching will improve your skills and give you more confidence.
- Praise and Worship: – This course introduce to contemporary worship of all styles, learn how to build quality congregational repertoire build skills in worship planning, gain expertise in arranging music for contemporary worship ensembles, and develop skills in rehearsing and leading worship groups.
- Worship Workshop: – This course provides inside of worship workshop to give principles of leadership, team health, musicianship, biblical worship and spiritual development that fit the “wide middle” of many Christian faith traditions.
- Church Music Education: – Methods in Music is designed to prepare students for teaching their church believers. Emphasis is placed on developing a philosophy of music education that considers the development needs music concepts. the course consists of lectures, teaching demonstrations a review of music education literature, and the development of a teaching portfolio. Students will develop skills in teaching music that incorporates singing, movement, playing instruments, listening, creating and writing.
- Vocal Education and Teaching Technique: – This course provides what is vocal pedagogy? Why study anatomy, physiology, acoustics and vocal development? And body alignment for singing, respiration, phonation, resonation, vocal health and hygiene and developmental stages of the voice.
- Music Analysis: – The study of many works leads to the observation of important parallels among their structures and stylistic elements. Analysis is a vital activity for all musicians. Composers use analysis as a path to skill in their own craft. Our introduction to the subject will establish a widely accepted vocabulary for analysis and suggest procedures to use in its pursuit.
- Ethnic Music : – The study of non-western theories of music, with an emphasis on both existing systems of art and folk music as well as systems without an articulated theory. This course provides the basis for understanding select music systems that do not equate to western theoretical structures of pitch, rhythm, or form. This provides the student with foundational understanding of the transcription and analysis of music.
- Keyboard Vechnique: – The keyboard course will help train you to be a keyboard accompanist for hymn singing. One of your goals in this course is to learn to play the hymns as they are arranged in Hymns made easy. As you reach this goal, you will be prepared to serve as an accompanist in your ward or branch church.
Visit for more information.